Friday, June 19, 2009

SWITCHBLADE - "S/T 2009" - COMPLETED

The 5th installment in the Switchblade album series is now 100% done. The mix was wrapped up late, late tuesday night at my own Tri-Lamb Studios and was mastered the very next day by Magnus Lindberg @ Tonteknik, Umeå, Sweden.

But that's not all, folks. There's actually a whole day of fun-packed excitement I haven't reported (it was a hectic day).
This past saturday we re-entered Studio Gröndahl to record the last few overdubs; Hammond & piano - the fairy dust sprinkles, so to speak.
Not much to report though, it all went pretty smooth and we were outta there in just a few hours. On the leslie cabinet I threw a pair of MD421's on the horns, a R121 on the bottom and a UM70 for the "complete picture"/room ambience. The piano was captured with a RCA 77-DX, R121 & UM70 with everything going through API 3124+ pres. I was going for a pretty gritty, eerie sound and mission accomplished.



This self titled (well, of course) gargantuan beast of an album, which consists of three tracks generous in length, will be released 09/09/09 on Trust No One Recordings.
It will tear your head off and spit down the severed spine filled hole, I shit you not. The material is top notch, the production is excellent (if I may say so myself) and the mastering injected it with the extra shot of rabies needed to completely set it off.

1 comment:

lukechal said...

An extra set of rabies lol.
Awesome to see a fellow engineer hard at work. If you get a chance I'm trying to make contacts please check out my website http://www.lukechalaudio.co.cc.

Thanks.
Regards.
- Luke C.