Wednesday, July 16, 2008

DOZER - "Beyond Colossal" - Mix-a-roo

Dear diary,

For those of you still following this thing I can inform that I'm about 70% done with the mix. So if nothing disastrous happens (great, I just jinxed the whole thing) getting it off to mastering on time shouldn't be a problem.

It's taken a lot of time but in the end I think it'll be a sweet sounding album.
For those curious about the general vibe/feel of the album soundwise I can say that, for me, the aim was to have a very "full" and natural sounding album, meaning warmth in the guitars (and not just cutting everything under 100Hz), lots of natural ambience on the drums and getting a mix with some impact to it. So far I think I've succeded.

Back to mixing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo cant wait for this!! booya

Anonymous said...

and please please come play the UK sometime soon!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I will come at the release party. It will be a long way from Holland to borlange in Sweden, but it is probably worth it!!!!!!