Wednesday, May 21, 2008

DOZER - "Beyond Colossal" - Day 09

Diary dearest,

Guitars, guitars and more guitars. That's what we recorded today. The only thing really new from yesterday is that I've discovered that the chair I'm sitting in while recording gives me a pretty hefty cameltoe. The incline of the seat makes me slide down little by little, and after about an hour or so I got a cameltoe that puts many to shame.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - we found a Neumann U87! Yeeeeee-haw! It's exactly what I want for Fredrik's vocals, though I have to say it's still a gamble - I haven't tried the U87 on Fredrik's voice before and he does have a pretty "special" voice that's difficult to find the perfect mic for. That being said, the U87 is still pretty neutral so I think it'll do a nice job of capturing his luscious voice without adding or subtracting too much. I think it's a pretty safe bet. After all, it's done the trick for about a zillion vocalist for maaa-any many years.
Either way it'll definetely outperform the Neumann TLM 103 - the only other option we would've been stuck with if we hadn't scored us a U87, and that one I definetely do not like on Fredrik's vocals.


Tommi's girlfriend dropped by to say hello.

No comments: