Monday, May 26, 2008

DOZER - "Beyond Colossal" - Day 14



Captain's Log, stardate 23.9, rounded off to the... nearest decimal point. We've... traveled back in time to save an ancient species from... total annihilation. SO FAR... no... signs of aquatic life, but I'm GOING to find it. If I have to tear this universe another black hole, I'm going to find it. I've... GOT TO, MISTER!

Finished up (almost) all the guitars for Exoskeleton Pt. II and the intro (we seem to be stuck on those two songs) and that was pretty much it.
We actually re-did all of Fredrik's Fender guit overdubs as we weren't really that happy with the sound (after many hours in the studio your judgement isn't at it's best), and I'm glad we did cause we managed to get a sound that instantly made me and Tommi look up at each other with big happy loving smiles.

Also hooked up one of Bengt's toys - a Fender amp and a really old beat up Pearl cabinet with just a 12" driver in it for some other flava and it sounds suprisingly good.
It's also funny how ones preference can change so heavily over the years. 10 years ago the sound of a Big Muff made everybody go "Yaaaay!", now it's 9 times out of 10 "Nay!". We've tried it many many times during these sessions but each time we skip on it.. I think it's been used like maybe one time or something, and I don't think it'll get much more use either. Just too much mud and flabby low end for my taste.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi KDL! You guys seems to have pretty fun down there in ye ol´ rockhouse studio, while I´m stuck at school in Umeå just finishing up a big project! I eagarly await to hear som new Dozer stuff! I´ll arrive in BLGE at Saturday, reade as one can get for a whole summer of workaholsim. Keep your spritis up and say hi to the rest of the guys from me! /Calle E

Anonymous said...

Wow, was kinda surprised to see Exoskeleton Pt. II doing a reapearence on your next album. Awesome song! Will be really interesting to see what you can do with it when you ass vocals. And for god sake, it's about time you guys play in Skåne again!

Anonymous said...

...add vocals, not ass vocals. Even if ass vocals might be intrersting as well. :D

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Ass vocals are the best! There will be a lot of those on the album!